Friday, February 21, 2014

my ode to kimbra

There aren't enough words in the English language to express how much I love this talented woman. Kimbra is such a delight to listen to and is probably the only other thing I play on a loop in my car besides the soundtrack for Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Her performance of "Settle Down" for Spotify was what won me over. I know that I can die happy if she just see her in concert and witness her majestic, weird, hand move dancing in person. I've decided to do my midterm final on her song settle down-- particularly on the verse that talks about Angela Vickers who I suppose is some scantily clad woman about to encroach on Kimbra's man. Hahah I was really drawn to this verse because it speaks about jealousy which is something I have definitely identified with in the past. Whether it was a friend or boyfriend or whatever, jealousy just mauls you in the face when your hormones are going crazy as a teenager.

so anyhow~here's my storyboard for it-- I will have to change up the beginning because the words go too fast for any of it to be clearly legible.


I was really inspired by graphics from the 1950s and neon signs from that era as well. Hmm now that I look at it, it definitely needs some kind of build up to the color stage of the animation-I do like the ending (even if I used a lot of grays that are too cool and warm to match each other.) and it resonates more with the direction i want to take it so hopefully I can give the graphics a little more of a push this week. When I went to CTN last year-- Lorelay Bove suggested that tagging colors to certain characters can really help you with your color scheme- so I tagged the main character with green to represent envy, blue for the boyfriend/husband guy to represent someone who is innocent, impressionable, and red/pink for the Tramp because that is a color we usually identify as evil, romantic, and sexy. I'll post my animatic up once I re-board the first few parts of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment