Monday, March 10, 2014

pandora's box

hey guys~here's a few screencaps of my exposition as a work in progress. This actually started out as a different scene which was more static and didn't really inspire the audience to feel anything for the character. Here is just a loose sketch of each panel I'll be doing for my final.

Ryu steps out of a shady love motel, exhaling a puff of smoke as he tucks his hand in his pocket. On his wrists, arm, and even neck, there are rope burns snaking in and out from his white salary man's shirt. 

Ryu returns home in the wee hours of the morning. At around 5am, his wife, Yuka wakes up to use the restroom. She turns to her husband, and notices bruises on his shoulders. Squinting, as she inspects the injury closer, she notices the little tracks in it. An expression of worry is cast across her face, concerned about what kind of people her husband is involved with.

Yuka brushes it off, not wanting to be confronted with the truth. The next day, when Yuka hangs the clothes out to dry, she finds a matchbook in Ryu's shirt pocket. She turns it over in her hand to find that it is from Pandora's S&M Hotel. With this evidence, Yuka is determined to find out exactly what her husband is up to.

The next night her husband is out, she follows him to the hotel. She finds out that her husband is not only having an affair with a hooker but enjoys BDSM. 

Disgisted Yuka, takes a second to recollect herself from the most unexpected discover she could have ever made. She walks to the front desk of motel and pays off a more buxom, meaty, and amazonian woman to add some spice to her husband's sexual escapade. 

so here's my process for the first panel which actually went through a lot of changes- especially the composition.



I used a texture for the wall which can be found here by WokDesign. Arg I have to say that although this might not be as difficult or as complicated as some of the other things I've made, I definitely had my struggles with it. I still think I can push it more-- but how much is too much? All of the neon light fixtures and textures really make me think of courage the cowardly dog. The color palette is definitely from that show too haha






No comments:

Post a Comment